I’m on the planning committee for LITA Forum, which means this November 7-10 I’ll be in Louisville, KY, wrangling logistics, listening to some speakers I’m pretty excited about, taking advantage of bourbon country, and maybe hanging out with you.
This means I’m going to have lots more to say about my personal conference highlights over the months to come, but let me give you some teasers…
- Keynotes by Travis Good of MAKE Magazine, Emily Gore of DPLA, and Nate Hill of whatever crazy awesomeness the Chattanooga Public Library is up to lately.
- An entire track on making and makerspaces. This was a hugely popular topic at ALA (there was a sold-out makerspace preconference!) So if you missed out on that, or were there and want more, we’ve got you covered.
- In fact, we’re working on a field trip to the local makerspace. Stay tuned.
- Whole track on UX and web services, too.
- This Zagat list of 8 awesome foodie getaways worldwide includes Okinawa, Vieques, Cairo…and Louisville. Just sayin’.
- Moar tracks: Management, Collaboration, Outreach; Data & Discovery; Repositories & Scholarly Communications. Seriously: whether you’re a web services librarian, a tech department manager, a repository nerd, an outreach librarian, a wikipedian, an instructional technologist…there is something here for you. We’ve even got some stuff for you codemonkeys.
- Our speakers include academic and public librarians, independent consultants, library school students, a children’s librarian, and the YALSA president-elect. Aw, yeah. And we’ve got lightning talks, so maybe you’re one of our speakers, too!
- A preconference on security and another on project management, both presented by experts I know and think highly of.
- Poster sessions on the digital divide, tech training, discovery layers, library spaces, licensing…
- Bourbon. Did I mention the bourbon? Louisville. Kentucky.
So yeah. That’s my early November, and I hope to see you there. For more info and to register, check out the conference site. And if your organization might be interested in sponsorship, here’s our prospectus, and let’s talk.