- Share what you’re doing and see what other libraries have done with mobile technologies at the Library Success wiki.
- Looking for mentors or collaborators? Want to help others implement mobile projects? Email me, andromeda dot yelton at gmail, and I’ll put you in touch.
- Have code? Put it on github and specify an open license for it. (Find me there as ThatAndromeda; there are lots of other libraries & librarians there as well, like the ones I follow.)
- Nielsenwire (data on smartphone market share)
- National Broadband Map
- Get Help Florida
- SkokieNet New Immigrant Portal
- WPTouch plugin
- Library Anywhere
- Influx One-Pager
- Eastern Kentucky University library catalog
- Skokie Public Library text notification service
- Text “send utcref ” to 246246 for Lupton Library’s text reference; details in Jason Griffey’s Mobile Technology and Libraries
- LibraryH3lp + Twilio = Text-a-Librarian! (Auraria Library)
- Buffy Hamilton’s experiences with lending Kindles and Nooks
- Scan Jose
- “The job of the 20th century library was to bring the world to the community. The job of the 21st century library is to take the community to the world.” – Jamie Larue, Director, Douglas County Libraries
- A much more extensive bibliography can be found in my Library Technology Report, Bridging the Digital Divide with Mobile Services.
- Need mentors, collaborators, or learning opportunities for software projects? Join the ALA Library Code Year interest group (which I co-chair). All levels welcome.